Kalera (Euronext Growth Oslo ticker KAL, Bloomberg: KSLLF), one of the fastest-growing and largest vertical farming companies in the world and a leader in plant science for producing high-quality produce in controlled environments, today announced the appointment of Maria Sastre to its Board of Directors. A seasoned executive with experience in the food, travel, and tourism industries, Sastre brings with her over 25 years of executive leadership and experience and currently sits on the boards of esteemed, Fortune 500, multibillion dollar public and private companies, including General Mills, O’Reilly Auto Parts and Publix Supermarkets. The addition of Sastre to the board coincides with Kalera’s rapid expansion into several new markets and its acquisition of Vindara Inc., the first company to develop seeds specifically designed for use in vertical indoor farm environments as well as other controlled environment agriculture (CEA) farming methods.
- Sonny Perdue joins Kalera board of directors March 9, 2021
- Kalera Acquires Vindara to Optimize Seed Breeding for Indoor Vertical Farming February 25, 2021
- Vertical Farming Leader Kalera Welcomes Maria Sastre to Board of Directors February 25, 2021
- Kalera to Open Hawaii’s Largest Vertical Farming Facility, Bringing Fresh, Locally-Grown Greens and Food Supply Chain Security to an Island that Imports 90% of Its Produce December 29, 2020
- Kalera to Open Vertical Farming Facility in Ohio, Bringing Fresh, Locally- Grown Greens to the Midwest December 22, 2020