ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 08, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Kalera (Euronext Growth Oslo ticker KAL, Bloomberg: KSLLF), one of the fastest growing vertical farming companies in the United States, today announced it will begin construction on a new facility in the Seattle, Washington area, slated to open in 2021. With this news, Kalera expands its reach from coast to coast, giving grocers, restaurants, theme parks, airports and other businesses throughout the country reliable access to locally grown clean, safe, nutritious, price-stable, long-lasting greens. The new facility will generate approximately 60 jobs in the area. This announcement comes on the heels of recent announcements of completing over $150 million in fundraising this year and the addition of two new Board members, including Kim Lopdrup, the CEO of Red Lobster.
- Kalera Harvests First Lettuce from Atlanta Vertical Farm April 28, 2021
- Are Indoor, Vertical Farms the Future of Agriculture? April 23, 2021
- Sonny Perdue joins Kalera board of directors March 9, 2021
- Kalera Acquires Vindara to Optimize Seed Breeding for Indoor Vertical Farming February 25, 2021
- Vertical Farming Leader Kalera Welcomes Maria Sastre to Board of Directors February 25, 2021