ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 08, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Kalera (Euronext Growth Oslo ticker KAL, Bloomberg: KSLLF), one of the fastest growing vertical farming companies in the United States, today announced it will begin construction on a new facility in the Seattle, Washington area, slated to open in 2021. With this news, Kalera expands its reach from coast to coast, giving grocers, restaurants, theme parks, airports and other businesses throughout the country reliable access to locally grown clean, safe, nutritious, price-stable, long-lasting greens. The new facility will generate approximately 60 jobs in the area. This announcement comes on the heels of recent announcements of completing over $150 million in fundraising this year and the addition of two new Board members, including Kim Lopdrup, the CEO of Red Lobster.
- Kalera to Open Hawaii’s Largest Vertical Farming Facility, Bringing Fresh, Locally-Grown Greens and Food Supply Chain Security to an Island that Imports 90% of Its Produce December 29, 2020
- Kalera to Open Vertical Farming Facility in Ohio, Bringing Fresh, Locally- Grown Greens to the Midwest December 22, 2020
- Kalera to Open a Vertical Farming Facility in Seattle December 12, 2020
- Kalera Expands Indoor Vertical Farming Footprint! December 12, 2020
- Kalera Welcomes New Chief Human Resources Officer November 25, 2020